Heart disease is also known as cardiovascular disease. Heart disease is a big problem because it is one of the leading cause of death worldwide. According to WHO (World Health Organization), 31% people of total population die from cardiovascular disease. There are many factors leading to heart disease as High blood pressure, high cholesterol, smoking, diabetes, obesity, age, inactivity, stress and many mortal contributes. Out of these factors, stress is a major factor that contributes heart disease because it can lead to high blood pressure as well as many health problems like lack of sleep, migraine and many more. So, it is necessary to take out the leading factors which are contributing to heart disease.
Here are some yoga poses that can help you in curing heart problems :-
1. Camel Pose (Ustrasana)
This asana/pose helps in strengthening, opens up the chest and stretches the entire front of the body. A healthy and a balance diet is required to take use of this pose.
How to do :-
- Start the pose in a kneeling pose on a mat, ensuring that your knees are spaced apart at hip distance and your feet are directed straight back.
- Place Your hands on your hips, and pull your elbows towards each other while squeezing your shoulder blades together.
- Breathe deeply and lift your chest along with your ribcage towards the overhead ceiling.
- While keeping your knees and hips aligned, gradually inhale and tilt your upper body backwards. Extend your right hand towards your right heel, and then your left hand towards your left heel as you exhale.
- Gently arch your back by pressing your hips forward and lifting your chest toward the ceiling.
- Hold this pose for 8-10 deepn breaths, while allowing your chest, belly, and thighs to experience a wholesome stretch.
- To return to your original position, loosen your grip on your heels and gradually lift your upper body, allowing your hands to return to your hips.
2. Cow Face Pose (Gomukhasana)
This asana/pose helps in improving circulation and also in stretching the shoulders and hips. This asana also helps in reducing stress.
How to do :-
- Start the pose by sitting on the floor with extended legs in front of you.
- Bend your knees and put your right foot under your left knee and place it beside your left hip.
- Put your left foot on your right knee and bring it next to your right hip.
- Inhale and extend the right warm upward, bending it at the elbow and placing the hand on the upper back.
- Grasp your left arm behind your back, bending it at the elbow and place your hand on your lower back.
- Try to bring your hands together behind your back.
- Hold the pose for some breaths, then release and switch cross of your legs, repeating on the other side.
3. Upward-Facing Dog pose (Urdhva Mukha Svanasana)
This asana/pose helps in improving posture and in strengthening the chest, arms and shoulders and also improves circulation in the body.
How to do :-
- Start the pose by lying down face on the floor with your hands on your shoulders and your elbows close to your body.
- As you inhale, press your hands down and straighten your arms, lifting your chest and torso off the ground.
- Rest your thighs and hips on the floor, and lift your chest as high as you can comfortably lift.
- Pull your shoulder blades down and back, away from your ears.
- Engage your core muscles to lift your thighs and knees off the ground.
- Hold this pose for some breaths, then relax by lowering your chest back to the ground.
4. Reclining Bound Angle Pose (Supta Baddha Konasana)
This asana/pose helps in reducing stress, promoting relaxation and also improves circulation in the body.
How to do :-
- Start the pose by sitting on the floor with your legs straight.
- Bend your knees and put the soles of your feet together so that your knees open to the sides.
- Put your hands on your thighs.
- Lie on the floor and keep your feet together and knees open.
- Use pillows to adjust your position to feel comfortable.
- Close your eyes and focus on your breath, allowing your body to relax and release tension.
- Hold the pose for some breaths, then slowly sit up and release from the pose.
5. Supported Shoulderstand pose (Salamba Sarvangasana)
This asana/pose helps in reducing stress and anxiety, stimulates the thyroid gland and improves circulation.
How to do :-
- Start the pose by lying on your back with your legs straight and arms at your sides.
- Place a folded blanket under your shoulders and neck, with your head and upper back supported by the prop/brace.
- Bend your knees and bring them to your chest.
- Put your hands on your lower back,fingers pointing towards your hips.
- As you exhale, lift your hips and legs towards the ceiling into shoulderstand.
- Keep your elbows shoulder-width apart and your chin tucked into your chest.
- Hold the pose for some breaths, then lower your legs back to the floor slowly and release from the pose.
Leave a Reply